Wedding Week Stress….Adult Acen
It’s your wedding week and you wake up to adult acne, you freak out and run to the cosmetic store to find something to fix it because Saturday is your wedding day! You buy the most expensive thing they have and rush home to pray it works, only to realize by Saturday it didn’t. You freak out, beg your makeup artist to cover it up, followed by begging your wedding photographer to photoshop your skin issues. Does this sound like a nightmare you have had about your wedding day? If so have no fear, Knoxville TN makeup artist Southern Sirens gave me five tips on pre-wedding skincare that I have to share with you.
Five Tips On Pre-Wedding Skincare From
Knoxville TN Makeup Artist Southern Sirens
1. Drink plenty of water. It helps flush the toxins out of your body, and it keeps your skin and lips hydrated.
2. Use sunscreen, even in the winter! SPF 15 on your exposed skin will help fight fine lines, wrinkles, and sunspots.
3. Get a lip scrub like E.L.F. brown sugar ($3) and run over your lips once a week. Use a medicated lip balm afterward to help keep your lips kissable. 5.) Use sunscreen, even in the winter! SPF 15 on your exposed skin will help fight fine lines, wrinkles, and sunspots.
4. Meet with an esthetician about 1yr-6months out to have your skin evaluated and to receive a facial once a month. Facials help improve the collagen and elastin in your face. Which keeps your face looking youthful. Your esthetician can also help you decide what skin care routine is best for your skin goals.
5. Don’t sleep in your makeup! It ages your skin and clogs your pores. Use the double wash method, wash once to remove the dirt, makeup, and free radicals from your skin, the second wash is to actually clean your face.
What Has Worked For Me
I wanted to share these tips because a few years ago all of a sudden I was dealing with adult acne and skin issues. Nothing had changed but all of a sudden I couldn’t stop the breakouts. I change to all white washcloths, then I did no washcloths on my face, I switched to white cotton pillowcases, non-scented fabric softeners, and laundry detergent and nothing helped. I was at my witts end and then I tried Proactive which was recommended by a friend. It took about a month to get my situation under control but I am a believer now. It’s been my daily main face product for the past few years and I’m defiantly a promotor of the product now because it changed the game for me! Combining a good cleaner and moisturizer with the tips from Southern Siren are definitely ways to have flaweless skin for your wedding day and wedding photos.
And in the end, if you have tried all your hardest to prevent this and it still happens, hire a good Knoxville TN makeup artist and they will still make you look fabulous.
Email if you have other topics you’d love to hear about!