As 2020 comes to an end, it’s time for everyone’s favorite family holiday. We gather around together and spend time with those we love most. Because I can’t be with you on Christmas (I know, such a bummer), I’ve come up with 5 tips for DIY home holiday pictures. These tips will make taking your photos that much easier, and be a little better than those silly selfies we all take.
5 DIY Home Holiday Pictures Tips
- Find good light in your house – this one is huge. Without light, your pictures aren’t going to turn out or even worse, you may be battling with fixing red eyes! Open your curtains and let some light in, this will help ensure your pictures are nice and bright!
- Tripod – Get a tripod to set your phone up! This will prevent the finger in the picture problem, or even the shaky hands issue. My favorite tripod is on Amazon and is incredibly easy to use, and even comes with a remote to take the picture. No timer necessary!
- Timer – If you don’t have a tripod, set your phone up and set a timer! This gives you just enough time to place your phone and run back to get in the shot. Everyone gets to be in the picture!
- Editing – Don’t be afraid to use the editing software installed on your phone to make some changes. That software is there for just that purpose and is totally user friendly. Adjust the light or sharpness for perfect DIY home holiday pictures.
- Chatbooks – Chatbooks is one of my favorite companies, EVER. They allow you to print photo books straight from your phone! They take your photos and make cute little books with all your memories straight from your phone! It’s the best thing ever, and so easy. I can take photos from my phone and have my latest photo book designed and ready to order in less than 10 mins. It’s that easy!
Just because a professional photographer can’t be in your home for the holidays doesn’t mean you can’t have great pictures. You’ve got this! But most importantly, be present with your family and remember the true reason for the season.